Protect Your Furniture
Love it and protect it
We know how important, yet impossible it is to keep your lovely new piece of furniture looking gorgeous. That's why we offer you a helping hand in ensuring that your furniture is protected from life’s little mishaps. When you purchase your gorgeous new piece keep an eye out for our fully comprehensive furniture protection policy. There are hundreds of ways your new fabric sofa could get damaged, but this amazing value plan will guarantee you 5 years total peace of mind!
Our Clinic Care
Our Clinic Care is a water based, non-toxic Fabric Protector which will be applied to your sofa by a fully trained furniture specialist before it is delivered to you. This protector will ensure that your fabric will stay looking lovely and last for longer by helping to repel any staining and making your sofa easier to clean and maintain. The protective barrier that is applied will help resist all oil and water based stains making them really easy to remove, you can just wipe them away. Amazing! Best of all, the protector leaves no smell and does not change the look, feel or colour of your fabric. You won’t even notice that it’s there!
Our Protection Plan
And that’s not all. For five years, from the minute your sofa is delivered, it will be completely protected by our Protection Plan. In the unlikely event that any tough stains manage to fight through our Fabric Protector; if your sofa becomes damaged; or if there are any structural defects all you need to do is ring this number, 08448005573, and a fully trained furniture specialist will come to repair the damage, or if the problem cannot be rectified, replace the item free of charge! It doesn’t matter where you live; these furniture specialists will travel anywhere in mainland Great Britain: England, Scotland and Wales only.
You'll be covered for
- Food and Beverages such as red wine, tea, coffee
- Ink & Pen Marks
- Tar and oil
- Dye transfer from jeans & newspapers
- Cosmetics products such as lipstick, lip gloss, foundation & nail varnish
- Wax such as candle and polish
- Human and animal bodily fluids such as blood & Vomit
- Soap products
- Glue (inc. superglue)
- Bleach, acids & corrosives
- Unlimited minor pet damage
- Unlimited child damage
Additionally, you'll even be covered for structural damage once the manufacturers 1 year guarantee expires, such as:
- Loss of resiliency to foam and fibre cushions
- Defects of frame
- Broken zip operation
- Broken facias
- Broken castors
- Broken buttons
- Warpage and separation of frame components
- Separation of seams and stitching
- Defects to web and support rails
- Defects to joints
- Defects to glides, feet and legs
All of this for a very reasonable price!
However, there are also ways in which you can help keep your sofa in ship-shape. No one can account for accidents as listed above, but everyone can use these handy care tips to help you keep your lovely new sofa looking at its best:
- Vacuum & clean on a monthly basis
- Rotate & reverse cushions every 3 months
- Remove any spills immediately with a clean cloth
- Do not allow body/hair grease to build up - wipe clean
- Keep the sofa away from heat sources and direct sunlight
- Fabric Upholstery should be professionally cleaned every 12-18 months
Significant 'Key Exclusions and Limitations'
- The product has been used in commercial or sub-let premises
- Damage, soiling or staining occurred prior to or during delivery
- The damage was caused by wild animals/birds, termites, insects, moths or vermin
- The damage was caused by a domestic pet’s biting, chewing or extensive scratching. Extensive scratching includes incidents of multiple scratching (including multiple areas) or any scratching which has occurred over a period of time and/or not reported to us at the time of the occurrence damage was caused by an accumulation of soiling, perspiration, hair and body fluids if there are any manufacturing defect to the covering material. The problem is the delamination of flock fabrics.
- The damage has not been reported at the time of occurrence
- The problem is the build up of staining/damage which has occurred over a period of time.
- General wear and tear consistent with age and normal/standard level of usage according to the manufacturer's product guide (should there be one available)
If, like us, you think that this offer is too good to miss then simply accept the cover when you check-out.
This policy summary does not contain full details and conditions of your insurance – these are located in your insurance certificate, which should be read carefully. Following the delivery of your product, Furniture Clinic will send you a certificate of insurance containing full details of the terms & conditions so you know exactly what you are protected against. If 28 days after delivery you have not received your certificate of insurance, and/or you need to make a claim, simply call Furniture Clinic on 0844 800 5573.
NAME OF INSURER: Furniture Clinic cover is underwritten by Focus Insurance Company Limited (registered in Gibraltar under Company no. 96218) and licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Gibraltar. Gibraltar is part of the European Economic Community and the Insurer is authorised to sell insurance services into the United Kingdom.
TYPE OF COVER (FEATURES & BENEFITS): We will cover you for the cost of repair or stain removal according to the coverage purchased and detailed under the cover section within the insurance certificate on the front of your protection plan. If this cannot be achieved, we may choose to replace the damaged part, and in the event of this not being possible, we may provide a replacement product at our discretion.
POLICY DURATION: The protection plan will start from the date of delivery of the product until the expiry date which will in any event be no later than 60 months (5 Years) after inception of the contract, in respect of Stain and Accidental Damage cover, but the Structural cover will not commence until after the expiry of the manufacturer’s guarantee.
HOW TO CLAIM: All possible incidents that may give rise to a claim must be notified to us as soon as practicable after the accidental damage, structural fault or stain is discovered but no later than 5 days after the discovery of the accidental damage, structural fault or stain. Delay in reporting these may result in permanent damage. To claim, simply call our claims handling team on 0844 800 5573 or complete the claim form online at www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Claim.
CANCELLATION: You have the right to cancel this Insurance without liability for the premium within 14 days from the date upon which you receive the certificate of insurance provided you have not made a claim. Written notice of cancellation (enclosing the certificate) must be given to the retailer (if this insurance was obtained through a retailer) (at the address at which they conducted business with you) or to us in writing.
FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPENSATION SCHEME (FSCS): For UK risks only. The insurers are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, established under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (the “Compensation Scheme”). If the Insurer is unable to meet its obligations under the policy an Insured Person may be entitled to compensation from the Compensation Scheme.
COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: We will always try to give you a quality service. If you think we have let you down, please write in the first instance to the Care Plan Manager at Furniture Clinic, Unit 10 Hobson Industrial Estate, Burnopfield, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE16 6EA. Or you can phone us on 0844 800 5573 or email us at email@example.com. To help deal with your comments quickly, please quote your certificate/claim number and your name in all correspondence. Details of our internal complaint-handling procedures are available on request.